Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Back up!

Common Computer Backup Methods Common Computer Backup Methods


If you're doing Nano don't forget to back up your work!

Now follows an advertising break:
I use the free program Dropbox, which saves your work online and on your computer so you don't have to do a separate backup.

If you fancy trying it and use my link, we both get extra free storage space online. So if you fancy it, you can try it here.
Whatever method you use, don't forget to do it. There's nothing sadder than writing thousands of words only to have them all disappear forever.

9 COMMENTS:

Dan said...

Dropbox does not protect you against accidentally deleting your own file, as I very nearly discovered to my cost the other day.

fairyhedgehog said...

Dan, oh no! Maybe I need to back up somewhere else as well for when I accidentally do that!

Simon Kewin said...

Always a good reminder! I like to keep a local and an internet-based backup, just to be doubly sure.

Old Kitty said...

not only back up but do remember your password too! LOL!! I have my own horror story of backing up my wip on my usb stick, password protecting it and to this day I am unable to open my document cos I've forgotten the blooming password! LOL! Take care
x

fairyhedgehog said...

Simon, that sounds like a good plan.

Kitty, oh noes! Passwords are the very devil. I really ought to have more of them for one when gets compromised, but I'd hate to lose one like that.

Clair Humphries said...

Hope Nano goes well for you this year! I'm always in awe of people who attempt it.

fairyhedgehog said...

Clair, thank you! I'm not sure I'm in awe of me, but then I can read what I've written!

Debbie Coope said...

All this backing up. I hope it doesn't cause an overflow in my Netbook.

fairyhedgehog said...

Debbie, that sounds worrying!

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...