We're back! I had a great time after all, despite being totally deaf in one ear. It made understanding the French rather more interesting!
- Lovely clean flat with a view over the heated swimming pool
- Right near shops, restaurants and a pretty beach
- Wonderful food including chocolate mousse to die for. Holiday calories don't count.
- The abbey at Le Mont Saint-Michel was fun to explore and gave me ideas for children's stories
- The Isle Des Moines was picturesque and we walked for miles. (Yes, this is a good thing!)
- Colourful streets in Vannes and a wonderful museum with a roomful of medieval pictures. I'm a sucker for medieval art; I love the way they paint a close-up scene and then in the background there's a whole other story going on.
- To be continued...
Less good points:
- More rain
- Raining again
It's a damned good job we came prepared with raincoats and umbrellas.
Eventually the sun came out and left us with only one bad point: no internet. Ye gods how I missed all of you! What have you been up to while I've been gone?