Thursday, June 12, 2008

Which book are you?




You're The Mists of Avalon!

by Marion Zimmer Bradley

You're obsessed with Camelot in all its forms, from Arthurian legend
to the Kennedy administration. Your favorite movie from childhood was "The Sword in the Stone". But more than tales of wizardry and Cuban missiles, you've focused on women. You know that they truly hold all the power. You always wished you could meet Jackie Kennedy.


Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



I came across this thanks to Writer at Work. It's quite good fun, especially if you take it several times with different answers to see what results you get. The questions branch out, so what you get as your second question depends on the answer to your first one. The picture above of The Mists of Avalon was my second attempt as I didn't like the Prufrock I got the first time.

If I were to choose a book that really reflects my life, it would have to be one where the protagonist always does the next thing that seems like a good idea at the time and looking back it seems as if there was some sort of plan to it. I prefer science fiction though.

11 COMMENTS:

Stacy said...

Hah. I took the quiz and got The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

fairyhedgehog said...

I saw that on your blog. I'll pop over and leave a comment there.

Robin S. said...

I took the quiz- I'm Love in the Time of Cholera. Probably should read it.

But I loved The Mists of Avalon!

fairyhedgehog said...

I haven't read Love in the Time of Cholera or The Mists of Avalon, but I liked the look of the cover of Mists, so I decided to stay with that one.

JaneyV said...

The first time I did this I was A Prayer for Owen Meany (which at least I'd read) but I just did it again and I came up Siddharta by Herman Hesse. I definitely haven't read that!
You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries.

Actually - that's not bad - although I'm not lonely at all!

I'm near Uckfield btw but I know where the Sussex showground is! I haven't lived here very long.

Robin S. said...

Hey FH-

Happy Anniversary. Hope you and yours have a wonderful day!

fairyhedgehog said...

That's nice, Robin, thank you!

We're not doing anything special today but next Monday Mr H has got free tickets to a special viewing at the National Gallery so I'm looking forward to that.

fairyhedgehog said...

Hi janeyv!

I haven't read either of those, although I think I started Siddharta.

I'm not sure how far Uckfield is from here but we're in the same corner of the world, anyway.

Cate Gardner said...

I love these quizzes... I'm Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

fairyhedgehog said...

Alice in Wonderland is one of my favourite classical books. My sister and I love to quote bits of it to each other.

fairyhedgehog said...

That's great greenduck. Thanks for letting me know! I'll pop over there now and have a look at it.

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...