Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lowbrow

I've nearly finished Where Demons Dare and I'm embarrassed to admit that I've enjoyed it more than The Steep Approach to Garbadale. I think that makes me very lowbrow.

The Kim Harrison book is full of demons and vampires. It's not beautifully written, for example it has characters growling or hissing dialogue in places, although I've noticed fewer editing problems than in her last book. But the story pulls me along and it seems to be getting somewhere. Relationships are changing. Revelations are being made. The main character is struggling with good and evil and finding it's more complex than that.

The Steep Approach was very funny in places but it was let down by its ending. I'm just hoping that Demons doesn't suffer from the same problem. Not long now till I find out.

2 COMMENTS:

Name Surname said...

This comment is completely irrelevant to what you've posted but hey, there you go. I saw on your profile that were unwell, so as a fellow UK resident with an interest in counselling I just wanted to say I hope you get better soon.

fairyhedgehog said...

That's really kind of you, thank you!

My GP has decided I've got polymyalgia and given me steroids: if he's right, I should start to feel better within days. I hardly dare hope.

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...