Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Look and Feel of New Books



I've just got Where Demons Dare delivered. It's published as The Outlaw Demon Wails in the US, hence the widget at the top of this post. I have no idea how good it will be: the last ones in the series were a romp with vampires, pixies, witches and demons. They have been getting progressively less good, in my view, but I find myself wanting to follow the story.

What struck me today was the sheer joy of holding a brand new book in my hands. Freshly unwrapped, it looks like it has never been opened. All the pages are tight, there are no creases anywhere, the cover is shiny. I almost don't want to spoil it by reading it. Almost.

I can't imagine a time when I won't love paperback books. I wonder if electronics will ever take over? I suppose no one imagined that papyrus scrolls would become passé at the time.

Note: I'm not affiliated with any booksellers. I just link to where I can find a good picture and/or review.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...