Saturday, March 22, 2008

On This Day

Today is Easter Saturday, the sky is cloudy, my bones are aching and I'm feeling devoid of inspiration. So I decided to look around the internet and find out what's special about today.

Today in history:
1956: King convicted for bus boycott
Civil rights leader, the Reverend Martin Luther King, has been convicted of organising an illegal boycott by black passengers of buses in the US state of Alabama.
from On This Day

I was two years old at the time. I can remember growing up in a world where there was a definite hierarchy and black people and women were somewhere near the bottom. I have a feeling that it wasn't as difficult for black people here as it was in the US but it was bad enough.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...