Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Cats at Christmas

Rufus caught a bird yesterday and we found it rather messily dead on the kitchen floor. But to make up for it, I got a lovely card from the cats today.

The envelope said: TO OUR SERVANT NO 1


In case you can't read the dialogue:

Rufus: What's all this Christmas fuss about?
Bonnie: It's a time of goodwill to all cats and their servants. (Not mice.)
Bonnie: All I see is an empty dish.


Bonnie: Didn't we get the servants a present?
Rufus: Er Yea. I left it somewhere. I know, on the floor in the kitchen.

Mouse: I don't think I like Christmas very much.

I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas time. (If you're not, then you might like to go here: http://exmoorjane.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/if-christmas-suddenly-blindsides-you.html )

Best wishes to one and all!

6 COMMENTS:

Old Kitty said...

I am showing your blog post to Charlie and Gumtree as a subtle hint (cos I'm still waiting for my card from them! LOL!!)

Happy Christmas lovely fairyhedgehog and kitties! Take care
x

fairyhedgehog said...

Happy Christmas to you too, Kitty, and I hope Charlie and Gumtree take the hint!

klahanie said...

Oh my, it's been ages since I visited your site. For that, I apologise.

And cats have this sneaky plan to rule the world. Well, that's what Penny the Jack Russell dog has told me :)

I hope you had a peaceful Christmas Day. I have been online all day trying to be of support for the sad, the lonely or if somebody just wants to chat anyway. I have noted the link to that other blog and I shall check it out.

Happy Boxing Day, my friend.

Gary :)

fairyhedgehog said...

Hi Gary,

This blog has been languishing a bit so I'm not surprised you haven't been in here for a while. It's good to see you now!

I hope you had a good day yesterday. It's such a valuable thing to do to support people on Christmas Day - it can be such a sad and lonely time. I hope you liked the link to exmoorjane's blog!

Happy Boxing Day and hugs to Penny!

Kevin Musgrove said...

See if you can't train them to make breakfast in bed for you in the new year.

If you manage it, please let me know the trick!

fairyhedgehog said...

Kevin, what a great idea!

Failing that I could try to train their Number 2 Servant to make me breakfast in bed. Now there's a thought...

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...