Saturday, July 24, 2010

don't worry be happy

Photo by Sarah G
Creative Commons
some rights reserved
After halving the frequency of my vitamin B12 injections to "see how I go" the CFS clinic has now agreed that I can go back to having them weekly. So I should start feeling human again very soon! Yay!

I got the email from a nurse at the CFS clinic yesterday letting me know so I rang my doctor's surgery immediately to tell them, and a kind nurse checked with one of the doctors and managed to fit me in for an injection straight away. I took a copy of the email down to the surgery for their files.

Later when my GP arrived at the surgery I got an annoyed phone call from her saying that I shouldn't have been given the injection based on an email. The clinic should have faxed the letter to her and she is going to tell them so. I have a nasty feeling that two kind nurses are going to be in trouble for helping me out.

I could have done without the stress but at least I got the injection!

11 COMMENTS:

Whirlochre said...

Glad to hear you're pumped full of the necessaries.

fairyhedgehog said...

Thanks, Whirl!

Sarah Laurenson said...

In this case, it's the patient - you - who should not have been subjected to their breakdown of process. If they need to fix something internal to them, then they should go and fix it without telling you.

What's the point of the phone call?

fairyhedgehog said...

Sarah, the doctor allegedly wanted to know what had happened, although she could just as easily asked the staff at the practice.

It's not very easy to change doctors, although in practice it should be.

Mother (Re)produces. said...

oh, man. I hate it when people get in trouble for being nice. Sounds like the Doctor just doesn't like being left out of the loop and having her ego ruffled.

Hope you're on your spikes again soon!

Old Kitty said...

Oh dear!!! I'm so sorry for the stress your GP has caused you. You're the innocent party here and he/she should not have involved you. If there were procedures in place that were not followed by staff then your GP should take it up with the management of the GP surgery not you.

I hope it all sorts itself out!

Yay for your injection!

Take care
x

fairyhedgehog said...

MRP, I think the doctor is a bit of a control freak!

Kitty, I'm out of that surgery as soon as I can find a new one that'll take me!

Thanks, both of you, for your good wishes.

Robin B. said...

Yeah, sounds like a control freak to me, too. The worst kind of lover of bureaucracy and tape-winding stupid.

Feel free to quote me if she pisses you off!

fairyhedgehog said...

Thanks, Robin. At least I can have the good stuff I need indefinitely now. Yay!

DJ Kirkby said...

How unprofessional to involve you in internal bickering! Vit B12 injections, yeowtch! Those are painful!

fairyhedgehog said...

DJK, yes they do hurt! I take it you've had them too? I always take painkillers first and they only help a bit but it's completely worth it for the difference the B12 makes!

Post a Comment

The comments are the best part of this blog, so please do join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...